Complications
Okay. So CA and I are supposed to be going to the step show tomorrow. And I have a hair appointment. So my day is booked solid.
But I just got word that my soror's mother's memorial service is the same damn day, at the same damn time.
Now I've spent hella money on them non-refundable ass tickets. And I'm not so sure I wanna sell them the bootleg way because I've been really looking forward to this. Not only that, but I'm now supposed to supply a side dish for the repast, and I don't know how I'mma work that. We're all supposed to kick in, but you know black folks don't always get it together. So basically the reliables (myself included) have to pick up the slack.
But damn, I'm feeling kinda selfish.
I want to support my soror and support myself at the same time, but I can't. I'm so confused. I really need to spend this time with CA. He's so wonderful... he is excited about the fact that I want to include him in all aspects of my life. He is looking forward to going, and I'm looking forward to being there with his fine ass. But then, that's her mother. If my mother passed, I wouldn't give a damn what step show was taking place. I'd want my "fam" present in all forms to have my back.
I'm confused and I don't know who to ask. I don't want to offend none of the old schools so I damn sure ain't gonna call them. She crossed on their line back when I was like eight years old. My other soror's are probably just as conflicted as me... we were all looking forward to being Out since I'm a soror now. They didn't even go last year because I wasn't going.
And I spent 80 damn dollars on them tickets for me, CA, and 2 other sorors.
Ugh. Decisions decisions.
But I just got word that my soror's mother's memorial service is the same damn day, at the same damn time.
Now I've spent hella money on them non-refundable ass tickets. And I'm not so sure I wanna sell them the bootleg way because I've been really looking forward to this. Not only that, but I'm now supposed to supply a side dish for the repast, and I don't know how I'mma work that. We're all supposed to kick in, but you know black folks don't always get it together. So basically the reliables (myself included) have to pick up the slack.
But damn, I'm feeling kinda selfish.
I want to support my soror and support myself at the same time, but I can't. I'm so confused. I really need to spend this time with CA. He's so wonderful... he is excited about the fact that I want to include him in all aspects of my life. He is looking forward to going, and I'm looking forward to being there with his fine ass. But then, that's her mother. If my mother passed, I wouldn't give a damn what step show was taking place. I'd want my "fam" present in all forms to have my back.
I'm confused and I don't know who to ask. I don't want to offend none of the old schools so I damn sure ain't gonna call them. She crossed on their line back when I was like eight years old. My other soror's are probably just as conflicted as me... we were all looking forward to being Out since I'm a soror now. They didn't even go last year because I wasn't going.
And I spent 80 damn dollars on them tickets for me, CA, and 2 other sorors.
Ugh. Decisions decisions.
<< Home