Thursday, February 03, 2005

Execution Double 9 Style

BONE Thugs-N-Harmony was the shit back in 95.

I remember when I used to walk home from school, on that crazy ass curfew moms had put on me. I didn't have many rap tapes for my walkman, but I had a bootlegged copy of East 1999 Eternal. I loved it so much I had to buy a real one. They fueled a certain wrath... one unique to my high school days. I had a terrible gangsta boyfriend, my mom and I were at odds with one another all the damn time. I had no freedom, she'd snatched my phone outta the wall because of my failure to comply with her demands. During that time I felt really alone and out there. Bone got me through.

I'm so glad I'm not an angry teenager anymore. I'm listening to East 1999 Eternal right now, and it's bringing back so many memories.

Anyway.

I'm home now, and I'm glad about it. I'm full and rested so thats a good thing. Today was definitely a weird day. I was able to get off work at 3:45 today, whereas I'd been getting off work around 6 p.m. Of course I ran into the ex, but I expected that. I smiled and waved and headed in the house.

Now I'm back on AIM choppin it up with a couple of folks, UC included. I guess things are back to normal. Thats what I mean about making me insane. It's hard for me to maintain my resolve about this, but I'mma do it. I'm GONNA get over this, I'm not gonna love him, I'm gonna find my own muthafucka to love in my own damn state, and no one is gonna want him but me, and I'm never gonna feel inferior, ugly, or scared when it comes to him.

Well thats what I'm aiming for, anyway. Its nice to have goals, ain't it?